Ours truly is a world of opportunities...
We welcome your interest in becoming a member of our faculty at Frankfurt International School. Our inquiry-based teaching and learning practices help young people make connections within units of study and across academic disciplines. We have a dedicated faculty who create a world of opportunities for the students who join our school from every corner of the globe.
We encourage you to take advantage of the exciting opportunities for personal and professional development that await you amidst beautiful surroundings here in the heart of Europe.
Our faculty mirrors our mission: it is a culturally diverse and family-oriented community. The school employs more than 300 faculty and staff from over 25 countries; all teachers have at least a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent and a teaching license from their home country. Approximately 60% of the faculty have advanced degrees; 28% have served for over 10 years in the school. We have a low turnover rate in comparison to many international schools with a substantial number of faculty having made the Frankfurt area their home. Teaching couples and teachers with children are very welcome here.
Faculty Qualities and Qualifications
We are a dynamic community of teachers committed to developing independent learners and global citizens.
We seek educators who are:
• Energized by our mission statement
• Passionate about the academic and personal development of the students
• Committed to challenging themselves through professional development
• Capable of working with parents as partners
• Equipped with personal values that are aligned with our beliefs
To qualify for a faculty position applicants need:
• A teaching qualification
• A minimum of two years teaching experience, student teaching and substitute work not included
• Experience and comfort using technology in the classroom
• Good inter-personal and communication skills
• An advanced degree is preferred
• Previous experience at an international school, if possible
To view our Standards for Effective Teaching click here.