What Makes FIS Unique?
There are a number of schools in the Frankfurt area for parents to consider. We understand that there is no more important choice that parents can make than to ensure the best education possible for their children.
While there are many factors critical in choosing a school, the list below highlights just a few of the many things that makes FIS unique. Frankfurt International School is the only age 3 to Grade 12 international school in the Frankfurt Rhein-Main with the following characteristics:
- FIS is the only Primary-Grade 12 school that is a non-profit association governed by a Board of Trustees elected from the school’s parent population.
- Our school helped found the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme nearly 40 years ago, with the first IB graduates in 1972. FIS is proud to have the highest average IB scores in the region.
- We are the only IB school that does not have local students as its highest percentage of enrollment, welcoming students from over 50 nationalities.
- FIS competes internationally through the International Schools Sports Tournament, fielding highly competitive athletic teams in 11 sports over three seasons.
- The Council of International Schools has chosen FIS as the school in the Frankfurt region to host its tour of more than 30 colleges and universities from around the world to assist students with the college selection process.
- Unique to FIS is a separate, purpose-built early childhood facility for students age 3-7, which meets their unique learning needs in a safe and specialized environment.
- Our school is proud to have the highest number of active parent volunteers, with several unique parent associations that support general school activities, athletics and the performing arts.
- FIS employs its own full-time Transportation Director to manage a fleet of over 40 busses that serve the entire Frankfurt Rhine-Main region.
- Our After School Activity program is the largest of its kind, with over 100 different offerings for students and parents throughout the school year.
- FIS has the largest offering of languages in addition to English, with German, Korean, Dutch, Swedish, Japanese, French and Spanish also taught within the school day. The Rosetta Stone language learning software is offered to students in Grade 2 and above, making an additional 20 languages available for independent study.
- FIS is the only school that has both a campus in Oberursel and a campus in Naurod, serving the needs of both the greater Frankfurt and Wiesbaden areas.
If you would like to learn of the many other characteristics that makes FIS unique, please contact our admission office at email@example.com.