Learn Where We Are Headed
Despite our successful history as a school, we do not rest on our past achievements. Instead, we are forward-focused, always aiming toward a more complete vision of what we want to achieve in a world that desperately requires ethical, resilient and purposeful young people.
To support that quest, we have developed the FIS Strategic Plan, developing clear strategies for purposeful growth and continuous improvement. Our mission statement and school beliefs guide this process.
Our mission is to be the leading, culturally diverse and family-oriented international school with English as the principal language of instruction. We inspire individuals to develop their intellect, creativity and character to become independent, adaptable, socially responsible and internationally minded citizens, by ensuring a dynamic, inquiry-driven education of the highest standard.
- Each person is unique and has equal worth.
- Education of the highest standard is a shared responsibility of students, family and school.
- Expectations that are challenging lead to higher levels of performance and allow us to reach our potential.
- All people are responsible for their actions.
- Honesty, integrity and respect are essential for building trusting relationships.
- Open-mindedness, empathy and compassion are essential for living in a diverse community.
- Leading a healthy and active lifestyle improves the quality of life.
- Commitment, enthusiasm and perseverance lead to success.
- Contributing positively to society and the environment is our shared responsibility.
- Nurturing curiosity and creativity stimulates exploration and discovery throughout life.
- Our lives and the life of our community are enriched by diversity.
Our FIS Strategic Plan is designed to deliver on the goals contained in our aspirational Mission Statement. This blueprint for the school’s future calls us to inspire students to “develop their intellect, creativity and character to become independent, adaptable, socially responsible and internationally minded citizens.” In short, while FIS is committed to providing a program that transforms its students, we also want those students to accept their responsibility to transform the world.
To support that quest, we have developed the FIS Strategic Plan comprising clear strategies for purposeful growth and continuous improvement. Excellence, Opportunity and Balance represent the three overarching themes of our Strategic Plan and each contain ambitious plans to respond to both our students' immediate needs as well as the issues and challenges they will face beyond our school. These key strategies will not only place FIS students at the forefront of international education, they will provide them with the skills to become valued leaders in a rapidly changing world.
We invite you to explore our Strategic Plan here.
It is an exciting journey we are on as a school, and all of our stakeholders have an important role to play.
- Julia Heraeus-Rinnert, Chair Board of Trustees