In addition to classrooms, science labs, collaborative work spaces and three full-size sports courts, the school's Stroth Center also boasts an impressive 300 m² Fitness Room, which all FIS community members are invited to use.*
*Please note that due to COVID-19, the FIS Fitness Center is currently closed to parents; faculty, staff and students are permitted to use the facility on a limited basis by appointment only.
Parents are required to complete a brief orientation before using the equipment and school ID badges are required for entry to the Fitness Room. To request an orientation, please send an email to Sebastian_Manntz@fis.edu.
Since FIS students also use the Fitness Room for classes, there are dedicated periods of time each weekday for general use. The Fitness Room is also generally open on weekends from 9:00-17:00, unless otherwise noted.
The FIS Fitness Center features state-of-the-art equipment to help maximize physical training. Our inventory includes:
- Curve Treadmills (2)
Rowing Machines (3)
- Life Fitness Treadmills (4)
- Life Fitness Cross Trainers (2)
- Life Fitness Flexstriders (2)
- Life Fitness Bikes (3)
- Life Fitness Power Mill (1)
- Big Life Fitness Weight Machines (7)
- Big Life Fitness Tower for free-weight training (1)
- Hammer Strength Stations (2)
- Dumbbells, kettle bells, benches
- Other equipment for functional training