Discover a world of opportunities
Are you ready to apply to FIS?
With over 1,800 students representing approximately 60 nationalities, we invite you to become part of our extended family here in the Frankfurt area. We recognize that applying to a new school can be a daunting process, and we are committed to supporting you every step of the way as you explore the possibility of joining our community.
Admission to FIS can be highly competitive due to the large number of families applying each year. Ideally, applications should be submitted soon after 1 January, prior to the beginning of a new school year.
The FIS school year begins in mid August and ends in mid to late June. Students who apply to begin in August from countries with a different school calendar, such as Korea or Japan, generally continue in the grade in which they are currently enrolled. If these same applicants wish to begin in the middle of a school year, placement will be based on the grade they have most recently completed at their previous school.
How to Apply
1. Complete the online Application
We accept applications throughout the school year, but recommend that applications be submitted soon after 1 January, prior to the beginning of a new school year. Further details for applying can be found here.
2. Gather required forms
- Copy of student passport or birth certificate
- Completed FIS Student Medical Record with immunization history
- School transcripts and records for the past two years (in English)
- One passport-sized photograph of the student
- Student Recommendation, completed by current teacher for Grade 1–12 applicants
- Standardized testing and psycho-educational report, if applicable.
3. Review & Pay registration fee
Please review our General Student Application Information to better understand our priority system for admission and waiting lists.
See our Admissions page for more detailed information about Tuition and Fees, How to Apply, and Admissions FAQs.
Contact our Admissions Office
Director of Admissions and Advancement