How to Apply to FIS
Admission to FIS can be highly competitive due to the large number of families applying each year. Our Admissions office is committed to supporting you every step of the way as you explore the possibility of joining our community.
Ideally, applications should be submitted soon after 1 January, prior to the beginning of a new school year. We accept applications throughout the school year, but an earlier application, along with a strong educational background, will increase the chances of being able to accommodate your family’s needs. Some applicants may need to wait a year or longer in order to gain admission to the school. Please review our General Student Application Information to better understand our priority system for admission and waiting lists.
The FIS school year begins in mid August and ends in mid to late June. Students who apply to begin in August from countries with a different school calendar, such as Korea or Japan, generally continue in the grade in which they are currently enrolled. If these same applicants wish to begin in the middle of a school year, placement will be based on the grade they have most recently completed at their previous school.
Start the Process
To apply for admission, please complete our online application. When completing the online admission process, you will also be required to upload the following documents:
- Copy of student passport or birth certificate
- Completed FIS Student Medical Record with immunization history
- School transcripts and records for the past two years (in English)
- One passport-sized photograph of the student
- Student Recommendation, completed by current teacher for Grade 1–12 applicants
- Standardized testing results, if available
- Psycho-Educational report, if applicable