FIS has dedicated faculty and staff who create A World of Opportunities for students from every corner of the globe. Our inquiry-based teaching and learning practices help young people make connections within units of study and across academic disciplines. We welcome your interest in joining them.
We actively seek qualified teachers from around the world who wish to help us fulfill our school's mission. In our search we use Global Recruitment Collaborative, ISS Schrole, Search Associates, and UNI Overseas Teaching Service.
Recruitment generally begins in November for positions for the following school year, but applications can be submitted when the list of open positions at both campuses is made available.
Interested in FIS? Are you:
- Energized by our mission statement
- Passionate about the academic and personal development of the students
- Committed to challenging yourself through professional development
- Capable of working with parents as partners
- Equipped with personal values that are aligned with our beliefs
Faculty applicants need:
- A teaching qualification.
- A minimum of two years teaching experience, student teaching and substitute work not included.
- Experience and comfort using technology in the classroom.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- An advanced degree is preferred
- Previous experience at an international school, if possible.
Compensation & Benefits
FIS offers a comprehensive remuneration package, including:
- Competitive salary.
- Annual bonus.
- Subsidized education for children of foreign-hire faculty.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Airfare to and from Frankfurt at the beginning and end of employment.
- Shipping allowance.
- Emergency travel expenses.
- Accident insurance.
- Supplementary pension scheme.
- School contributions to health, nursing care, pension and unemployment insurance.
- Sick, personal, maternity and parent leave.
- Relocation assistance.
- Limited financial support for initial relocation payments.
FIS Job Alerts System
If you would like to be notified automatically via email when new positions are posted at FIS, please sign up here to receive job alerts via email.
Your email address will only be used to contact you regarding job openings or recruitment activities. You may unsubscribe at any time following the direction in the email you received after signing up for the job alerts function.
Substitute Teacher Applications
Substitute teachers are frequently needed at Frankfurt International School at both the Oberursel and Wiesbaden campuses. Substitute teachers are called in on an "as needed" basis and are paid for each day worked.
Applications are invited from qualified teachers who must be fluent in English, eligible to work in Germany, and are planning to reside in the Frankfurt area for at least one year. If you are interested in being included on our substitute list, please send a cover letter and CV (including your current mailing address and date of birth) to Tanja_Pekrul@fis.edu.
"What I love most about what I do is working with an amazing group of professional teachers and administration who do not put limits on student learning engagements."
Elementary School’s Science and Makerspace Coordinator
"I love the collegial nature at FIS, the can 'do' attitude of the community, and people's willingness to take creative risks. It allows me to grow as a professional, as an artist, and as a human being."
Upper School Drama and Dance Teacher
"This is a place that grabs your heart and is hard to leave. Every day is a joy. Our school and our campus is a special place."