Sweden Canoe Trip
The Sweden Canoe Trip takes place in one of the most picturesque areas of Sweden.
Participants paddle from island to island carrying all required equipment and food with them. Trip has two groups: one group paddling approximately 65 km round-trip; the other touring around the banks of Lake Foxen for approximately 50 km.
Sweden Canoe Trip includes:
- Travel to and from Grunnerud, Sweden in a modern long-distance bus and overnight ferry
- All canoeing and camping equipment (safety jackets, tents, stoves, etc.)
- Food and drinks (includes fresh food and vegetables)
- An experienced canoe and outdoor guide, plus an FIS chaperone with each group
- A detailed check list of clothing and equipment required will be handed out after the pre-tour briefing by tour conductor David Blackall
- Nature card and fishing license
Grade 6-12 Parents and Students who have registered for the trip should plan to attend a to-be-scheduled information meeting to learn more about the excursion.
Entering Grades 6-12 in the fall of 2018 (Ages 11-18)
23 June - 2 July 2018 (Dates to be confirmed)
Please note that a minimum of 20 students is required for the trip to take place.
What does a day on the canoe trip look like?
A typical day on the the canoe trip would follow the itinerary below. Our evening plans change from evening to evening and are announced once the final plans have been made. Typical evening activities have included cinema evenings, Karaoke, bowling, table tennis, soccer, sledding, evening hikes and skiing.
|7:30||Wake - Up|
|9:00 - 12:00||Lessons and Canoeing|
|12:00 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 - 15:30||Lessons and Canoeing|
|16:00 - 18:00||Free time|
|21:30||Prepare for bed|
Sweden Canoe Trip
Please note that registration for holiday trips is a first come first serve basis. The Sweden Canoe Trip usually offers 30 seats.
Registration takes place from the January until the trip is full. Those interested need to register and pay a deposit before the their place on the trip is booked. Once the deposit is made and confirmed, a trip confirmation letter will be sent.
For questions or concerns about the Sweden Canoe Trip, please email the Activities Director, Ryan Erickson at Ryan_Erickson@fis.edu