Wiesbaden Campus Counseling
The goal of the counselors on the Wiesbaden Campus is to support your child emotionally and socially in all aspects of the school environment. Here counselors see students individually, in small groups, in the classroom and in informal settings like the playground and cafeteria.
Counselors assist students with issues such as:
- Joining/Leaving the school
- Self-esteem and friendship skills
- Anger and stress management
- Creative problem solving
- Social issues like bullying
- Traumatic events (divorce or a death in the family)
In addition to helping your child in the school environment, counselors are also available to address parental concerns including:
- Settling in and/or moving homes
- Positive discipline strategies
- Homework strategies
- Behavioral issues
Individual meetings can be set up with counselors and Parent Transition sessions are also offered on the Wiesbaden Campus three times per year.
At Frankfurt International School Wiesbaden counselors advocate on your child’s behalf and can assist in referrals to outside resources including educational physicians, occupational therapists, and psychologists and psychiatrists