The State of Hesse has mandated that all schools remain closed until Monday, 20 April to combat the spread of the coronavirus.
Regular communications are being shared with current FIS Community members during the school closure.
Although our campuses are currently closed, the admissions office remains available to answer your questions by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition and Fees for Academic Year 2020-21
All tuition and fees for students who start in August are payable in advance. For students who start during a school year, all tuition and fees are payable within the first four weeks after receiving the invoice. Past due accounts are charged with a late fee after this date. Other payment schedules can be arranged.
First Steps, Pre-Primary, Primary (half-day option for First Steps)
Grades 1- 4
|Capital Assessment Fee (Year 1 and 2 for new students Pre-Primary and up)|
|New Student Registration Fee and Down Payment**||€1,000|
**The new student registration fee ensures the processing of the application for admission of a new student or of a student returning after an absence of one year or longer. This fee will be invoiced by the school along with tuition and other fees once a student has been accepted.
The Tuition Reduction Program (TRP) was created to ensure international and social diversity at FIS and to make the school accessible to students in Grade 1 and above with the interest and need for an international education, but who would otherwise be unable to attend the school due to limited family income.
To read a full description of this program in English or in German, see the information below.
For students who start at the beginning of a school year or re-enroll for a new school year, all tuition and fees are payable in advance and at the latest on the first school day.
Through arrangements with the business office, two alternative payment plans are available for families who pay tuition privately.
Alternative 1: 55% of tuition and transportation fees are due by 3 August 2020 and the remaining 45% are payable in January with a surcharge of €100 per child. The Capital Assessment fee (CA) is due by 3 August 2020.
Alternative 2: A monthly payment schedule with a 3.0% surcharge on the outstanding balance. The proration plan for students entering or leaving during the course of a school year is not affected by this alternative. All fees must be paid latest on 1 June of the relevant school year.
Late entrants: For students entering during the course of a school year, tuition and fees are payable as per communicated invoice due date. Payment Alternative 1 applies only to those students who enroll before December. Alternative 2 applies to all students entering during the course of a school year.
Please be aware that the school’s tax certificate (Steuerbescheinigung) will show amounts in the calendar year when received in the school’s bank account.
If you are interested in a personal payment schedule, please contact the Accounting Department at +49 (0) 6171-2024-490.
The Tuition and Fee schedule below is for corporate and diplomatic entities participating in the FIS Partnership Program.
FIS is recognized as an "allgemeinbildende Ergänzungsschule" (a private, independent school providing general primary/secondary education). 30% of fees (tuition plus capital assessment plus registration fee) for children in Grades 1-12 are tax-deductible as "Sonderausgaben" (extraordinary expenses).
First Steps, Pre-Primary, Primary
Additional benefits reimbursed to you or paid on your behalf by your employer are normally treated as taxable income (geldwerter Vorteil). Fees for pre-school children are not treated as taxable income under the following conditions:
- At least one parent must be employed and subject to income tax.
- The employer of the tax-paying parent agrees to provide the required fees as additional remuneration together with the regular monthly salary.
- The employer pays the fees for the children directly to FIS-The employer reimburses the fees to the employee upon presentation of the FIS invoice paid by the employee.
- The fees paid to FIS may consist only of expenses for the accommodation and supervision of children.
Not included in the above are:
- Transportation expenses or instructional costs.
The expenses must be incurred exclusively for pre-school children. The applicable legal regulations can be found in Section 3 No. 33 of the German Income Tax Law and Paragraph 21a of the Wage Tax Law.
If you employ the services of a tax advisor, he/she will advise you further, or you are welcome to call our Director of Finance & Operations, Dr. Constantin Loebus, at +49 (0) 6171-2024-492.