Looking at teaching and learning through a new lens
In line with the guidelines from the German government and local health authorities, Frankfurt International School's instruction as of 31 May is the following:
- First Steps (age 3) to Grade 11 students on the Oberursel campus are at school for in-class instruction every day.
- All FISW students are on campus every day for in-class instruction.
Parents or other outside visitors (new families or alumni) wishing to visit our campuses must first complete this FIS Visitor Request Form.
If you have questions related to a potential Admissions visit, please send an email to email@example.com.
FIS Covid-19 Handbook
Keeping the FIS community safe is our primary focus and we have established protocols to reduce the risk of viral transmission here at school. Our Covid-19 Handbook is a repository of the COVID-19 protocols and procedures that apply to all community members, including parents, students, teachers and staff.
We will be following Hessen guidelines with additional FIS safety restrictions in place, including mask-wearing, hygiene protocols on buses and throughout the school, testing procedures and other measures to maintain the highest level of safety for children and adults at FIS. Please click the image below to access our FIS Covid-19 Handbook 2020/2021.
Updated Health Policy and Hygiene Measures during Covid-19
New health policies and hygiene procedures have been implemented at FIS to ensure the highest standards of health and safety for our community members. Please review this important information linked below.
Responding to Symptoms
If you are feeling ill and are concerned about your symptoms, please refer to this chart from the World Health Organization. If your symptoms suggest you may have been infected with the coronavirus (Covid-19), or of you have been in direct contact in the past 14 days with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, please follow these steps:
- Either contact your family doctor by telephone, call the emergency number 116117, or the Hessen Coronavirus Hotline (8:00 – 20:00) 0800-555 4666.
- The local authorities will advise you on whether you need to be tested, and whether you need to quarantined or self-isolate yourself and/or your family. Please closely follow this advice.
- Stay home from work and avoid direct contact with others while waiting for answers from health authorities or test results.
- Follow all instructions from Health authorities, even if you are feeling better and symptoms have subsided.
FIS Community members are welcome to consult with our nurses at any time.
If you have any questions, you may contact the FIS Head Nurse, Karen McEwan.
If you are unable to reach your family doctor in a medical emergency, the hotline number to call in Germany is 116117. The hotline set up specifically for Coronavirus-related questions is 0800-5554666 and the number of the health ministry is 030-346465-100.
Our campuses are currently closed to parents and other outside visitors. Those interested in obtaining special permission for access once our campuses re-open are asked to please complete this FIS Visitor Request Form.