Looking at teaching and learning through a new lens
In line with recommendations from the German government and local health authorities, all students are on campus for daily in-class instruction at Frankfurt International School.
FIS will continue to follow Hessen guidelines regarding Covid-19 as they apply to the school environment, putting additional FIS safety restrictions in place if/when necessary.
Outside visitors (including prospective families or alumni) wishing to visit are welcome. We request those wishing to visit first contact the following:
- Admissions: If you have questions related to a potential Admissions visit, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Alumni: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit.
Health Policy at FIS
Health policies and hygiene procedures have been implemented at FIS to ensure the highest standards of health and safety for our community members. Please review this important information linked below.
Our commitment to community
Responding to Symptoms
If you are feeling ill and are concerned about your symptoms, please refer to this chart from the World Health Organization. If your symptoms suggest you may have been infected with the coronavirus (Covid-19), or of you have been in direct contact in the past 14 days with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, please follow these steps:
- Either contact your family doctor by telephone, call the emergency number 116117, or the Hessen Coronavirus Hotline (8:00 – 20:00) 0800-555 4666.
- The local authorities will advise you on whether you need to be tested, and whether you need to quarantined or self-isolate yourself and/or your family. Please closely follow this advice.
- Stay home from work and avoid direct contact with others while waiting for answers from health authorities or test results.
- Follow all instructions from Health authorities, even if you are feeling better and symptoms have subsided.
FIS Community members are welcome to consult with our nurses at any time.
For questions related to students in the FIS Primary School, please contact Sonia_Ha@fis.edu (Mon-Thur) or Heather_Lowe@fis.edu (Fri)
For questions related to students in the FIS Elementary School, please contact Evelyn_Torrealba@fis.edu.
For questions related to students in the FIS Upper School, please contact Karen_McEwan@fis.edu.
For questions related to students at the Wiesbaden Campus, please contact Evelyn_Torrealba@fis.edu
If you are unable to reach your family doctor in a medical emergency, the hotline number to call in Germany is 116117. The hotline set up specifically for Coronavirus-related questions is 0800-5554666 and the number of the health ministry is 030-346465-100.
The Heart of FIS
A look at the positive outcomes of our pandemic response
An FIS graduate’s look back at the springtime school closure
Karen McEwan (0)6171 2024-242
Colleen Beck (Mon/Tues) (0)6171 2024-242
Esther van der Deijl (Wed-Fri) (0)6171 2024-242
Oberursel Primary School Nurses
Sonia Ha (Mon-Thur) (0)6171 2024-506
Heather Lowe (Fridays) (0)6171 2024-506
Wiesbaden Campus Nurse
Evelyn Torrealba (0)6127 9940-14